So to really finish catching up I need to include a few details about December and Christmas. On December 6 when I was 20 weeks we had our Level II Ultrasound/Anatomy Scan. We invited our parents to join us at the doctor to find out the gender of our baby. I have to admit that if we were taking bets the odds on it being a girl would have been going 5/1, all 5 of them versus me who at the beginning of my pregnancy thought it was a girl but about a week before the ultrasound woke up one day and knew it was a boy. So what was the verdict? I guess it's a mother's instint because in fact we are having a
BOY!!! I wish I could have gotten a photo of Mr. L's face when the ultrasound tech pointed out the tell tale sign on the screen because he was all smiles from ear to ear. I could have cared less what the gender was and seeing how happy he was certainly had me overcome with emotion. Every man wants his boy and he's getting it. We also found out at our ultrasound that everything looked good and we were right on track to having a healthy baby...so many prayers answered!
A few weeks later Christmas was upon us. The holidays this year have certainly helped this pregnancy fly by. On Christmas Eve we celebrated with Mr. L's family who were so sweet to include our precious boy in the festivities and he was spoiled before he even gets here.

We also got to help another sweet boy celebrate his first Christmas, our baby boy's cousin C. He was so animated and fun to watch. I can only imagine what the two of them will be like together next year.

We headed over to my parents' house on Christmas day. We tried to keep Christmas pretty low key on this side this year as our trip to Hawaii was such a huge present to all of us. We decided a fun way to tell our families the name we had chosen was to give them an ornament with the name on it. I think by the reaction we got, they loved the name.

Grandpa even jumped up right away to find a spot on the tree for Baby H's ornament.

To round out the weekend we celebrated C's baptism. Mr. L is his Godfather and it was neat to be able to see him participate.

To end the year Mr. L and I celebrated NYE with a few of my closest friends. We had a great time catching up and going out
to dinner with what felt like 1/2 of the city to Montgomery Inn.


2010 was such a great year for so many reasons and I know 2011 is going to be ever better!! I can't wait to see what God has in store for our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment