Tuesday, February 22, 2011

30 weeks

So here I am at 30 weeks...I am feeling Baby H move more and more each day. I go back to the doctor next week and I'm really interested to see how much weight I've gained. I haven't really been having cravings so to speak but could eat ice cream everyday. Other than that my appetite has been pretty limited as nothing every really sounds good. Sleeping continues to be difficult. The only way I really feel comfortable is on my back which I know is not a recommended position to sleep in. Each night I try to start out on my left side and switch back and forth from side to side until I can't take it any longer and only have about an hour left until the alarm goes off and then I'll let myself lie on my back in a modified fashion. Comfortable sleep (even if only an hour at a time) is one thing I definitely look forward to after the baby comes. The next two months are going to be busy and all that I have left to do is keeping me going. Baby H's furniture should be in any day and I can't wait to really get moving on decorating the nursery! I am also very excited for the baby showers that are on the calendar. I am so blessed to have some amazing family and friends that want to help me celebrate this precious miracle that we have been given.
The rug for the nursery was delivered and I absolutely love it! It's going to look so great with everything we have planned.

Mr. L and I started our childbirth classes at the hospital. We decided to opt for the six week series where we attend once a week for 2 hours at a time versus the all day Saturday class. It's been going really well so far and we're learning a lot. I have to say that my favorite part of the class each time is the neck massage I get from Mr. L during the relaxation portion! This week we had the hospital tour as part of our class and it makes the reality of everything that's going to happen really set in. As we walked down the hallway of the Labor and Delivery unit we heard the cries of a baby that had just come into the world and it took every part of my hormonal body not to tear up at how precious it was. Our sweet baby H will be here before we know it and we'll be those parents hearing the first cries of their son. We have 3 more classes to go and a lot more material to cover. I know that there's no way that I'll feel 100% prepared but every little bit of information helps.

With each day that passes I get one more closer to meeting my son! Until next time...

Photobucket

No comments: