1. In college, my sorority sisters called my Fricky (or Frick, Frickles, pretty much any derivative that you can come up with of my maiden name)…so much so that I thought it sounded weird when someone actually called me Laura. Even now as I’m married and have a different last name, some of them still call me Fricky out of habit. My husband thinks this is odd but it makes me happy.
2. When I tell people I work at a hospital, they assume I’m a nurse. Hospitals have a business side too!
3. The only bone I have ever broken is my by big toe. It was in gym class in third grade when I was trying to do a round-off (unsuccessfully I might add).
4. I missed two weeks of class during my second semester of college freshman year to accompany my Dad on a business trip to China. It was one of the coolest experiences of my life and one my worst semesters grade wise!
5. I lived in a different place and had different roommates every year of college. I think after 4 years my parents were sick of helping me move!
6. I always thought that when I became an adult I would work in the healthcare profession because I spent so much time in hospitals/doctor’s offices with my sister growing up. I never thought though that it would be in this capacity.
7. My husband calls me “Mama” although we have no children. He recently also started calling our dog this, she has had children (well…puppies), and I still haven’t decided how I feel about it.
8. I have always loved the name Emma, it’s a family name, and I wanted to name my first child that if it was a girl. That is until Rachel from the TV show Friends named her baby girl Emma and it topped the list of most popular baby girl names ever since then. Boo!
9. I became a blogger a few months ago and love it! I also love to blog stalk people but that’s probably because I’m nosey.
10. I hated college my freshman year (mostly first semester) and looked into transferring to a university closer to home. I’m so glad I didn’t! I wouldn’t have met my best friends in the whole world or my husband!
11. I would love to move to a bigger house and I peruse realty websites rather often. The thought of actually moving though, especially the thought of packing and selling our house makes me nauseous. So for now I will just dream.
12. I got a new Blackberry Storm at the beginning of December and it is the biggest piece of crap! Matt tried to tell me that I would not like the touch screen as much I thought I would and I didn’t listen and now it’s too late to take it back. You were right, honey…See this is me admitting I was wrong. Enjoy it because it won’t be happening often!
13. Towards the end of college I convinced myself that I wanted to be an attorney. I took the LSAT, applied to multiple law schools and then moved in with a first year law student. Needless to say I ended up with an MBA instead. WAY too much reading for this chick!
14. I’m in the process of taking the CPA exam. It’s taking me forever because I HATE studying and am a huge procrastinator.
15. The first thing I’m going to do when we’re making enough money to do so is hire a cleaning lady! I know I was clearly spoiled growing up with one and assuming that the house was just always magically clean. I will rejoice in the day my husband also accepts the fact that our house will never be as organized and clean as his mothers!
16. I would love to be a stay at home mom one day!
17. My sister is the bravest person I know and I look up to her in many ways even though she’s younger.
18. I adore our little doggie, Dakota. I am so glad we adopted her (even though she has chewed up multiple articles of clothing and shoes, a book, a few magazines, and my Keeneland hat) and can’t imagine life without her now. I do talk to her a lot when we’re alone and it cracks me up when she tilts her head sideways as I’m doing it.
19. My mom is one of my best friends even though we butt heads every now and again. I love talking to her every day and watching our relationship blossom into an amazing friendship. She was the best wedding planner I could have ever asked for and it scares me to death to think about the day I will have to do life without her.
20. I really enjoy hearing about the successes of my friends. They are all so amazing and I love cheering on their individual accomplishments.
21. I secretly love all things preppy- boat shoes, polos, madras, argyle, stadium pants, seer sucker, bow ties, cable knit, Rainbows, croakies, the list goes on- and wish that “resort wear” was appropriate in all settings!
22. I protested moving back to my hometown after graduating from college. Now I love living here and don’t really have any desire to live anywhere else.
23. My father is the most loving man I know. My mom says I married a man just like him and I think that’s a compliment to Mr. L! I can’t wait to see my Dad as a grandpa one day!!
24. I have a real weakness for McDonald’s chicken nuggets. The sad part is that I’ve eaten at a McDonalds in almost every foreign country I’ve ever visited minus Jamaica (China, Costa Rica, Chile, and France). Sometimes you just need a little taste of home.
25. I think being married is wonderful, especially to someone who is your bffl (best friend for life), which is what I think a husband should be. I don’t really understand why people say the first year of marriage is the hardest, it has gone pretty great so far and we have about 8 months down!

No comments:
Post a Comment