Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tomorrow

Do you ever just have one of those days?? Days where you don't feel like doing anything, getting anything accomplished or putting forth any kind of effort in general?? I'm having one of those days!

If you read my previous post you will know that I am a procrastinator. I'll be the first to admit that I can procrastinate with the best of em'. When I don't feel like doing something I can find at LEAST 5-10 other things to occupy my time. When this trait is mixed with having "one of those days" I find myself saying- Oh, I can do it tomorrow, and putting off the majority of the things I had on my list to do that day and why piles start to form. Piles. Piles. Piles of procrastination. Procrastination would be why I have piles of mail on the counter/my desk/the dining room table, why there are piles of laundry (dirty and clean) in just about every room of my house, piles of Mr. L's shirts that need to go to the dry cleaners, and why there is a pile of work next to me right now. I also used to mutter this phrase to a very wise woman known as my mother a lot growing up, and this was her response, "Tomorrow, tomorrow, creeps it's petty pace from day to day". As I keep getting older I realize how true this is and how little I get accomplished sometimes.

So...this is my pep talk to myself. Stop putting stuff off self! Why put off to tomorrow, what I can get accomplished today! I feel so proud of myself when I can cross things off my list so I'm going to suck it up and get er' done. Maybe tonight I'll get a wild hair and clean my house so my husband can come home to neat surroundings after traveling all week and not to a tornado of STUFF! Happy Thursday...only one more day until the weekend!!

Photobucket

No comments: