When I was a kid I loved getting new toys! There was nothing better than ripping open the packaging to reveal the current must-have being talked about in the elementary school cafeteria. Even now as an adult I still get an exhilarating feeling much like I did when I was a child when I buy something new and exciting although I’ve cut back significantly on my Shopaholic ways since getting married…and sharing a bank account. That being said we recently got two new gadgets around our house that I have been slightly obsessed with, a steamer and a webcam!

The steamer was a Christmas gift that I have been wanting for a long time but just never got around to purchasing. Don’t tell my mom but it has been sitting in the box in our office for the past two months and I just got it out and put it together last weekend. It is AMAZING! I’m kind of annoyed with myself that I let it sit there and collect dust as long as I did when I could have been using it to steam everything in sight. There are some things that the iron still works better for but if you just have a few little spots on a work shirt it definitely does the trick and cuts down on my time in the morning!

Since Lauren moved out west I’ve been wanting to get a webcam so we could chat online and I could see her beautiful face rather than just hearing her voice. I nosed around on Amazon.com one day and found the perfect one to meet my needs. I couldn’t wait for it to come in the mail and now that it has arrived, I get so excited when I get to use it! Who knew video chatting could be so much fun and easy! The camera just plugs into my USB port and clips on to the top of my laptop. It amazes me the things we can do with technology these days. If you have friends or family that live far away I highly recommend getting one and the added bonus is that chatting through Skype is FREE (as long as you’re calling another computer that is)!
Things have been pretty boring around our house these days other than that. I can’t wait for Spring to get here! Happy Friday!


The steamer was a Christmas gift that I have been wanting for a long time but just never got around to purchasing. Don’t tell my mom but it has been sitting in the box in our office for the past two months and I just got it out and put it together last weekend. It is AMAZING! I’m kind of annoyed with myself that I let it sit there and collect dust as long as I did when I could have been using it to steam everything in sight. There are some things that the iron still works better for but if you just have a few little spots on a work shirt it definitely does the trick and cuts down on my time in the morning!

Since Lauren moved out west I’ve been wanting to get a webcam so we could chat online and I could see her beautiful face rather than just hearing her voice. I nosed around on Amazon.com one day and found the perfect one to meet my needs. I couldn’t wait for it to come in the mail and now that it has arrived, I get so excited when I get to use it! Who knew video chatting could be so much fun and easy! The camera just plugs into my USB port and clips on to the top of my laptop. It amazes me the things we can do with technology these days. If you have friends or family that live far away I highly recommend getting one and the added bonus is that chatting through Skype is FREE (as long as you’re calling another computer that is)!
Things have been pretty boring around our house these days other than that. I can’t wait for Spring to get here! Happy Friday!


1 comment:
I'm so glad you got the webcam! It was so good to talk to you the other night!! Also, I'm jealous of your steamer! My mom had one and it's one of the best inventions ever! See you soon! :)
Post a Comment