Since Mr. L started traveling again for work during the week our weekends have become exponentially less exciting. Friday night usually consists of me cooking dinner (since he's almost always sick of eating out after doing so for every meal all week) and either watching tv or maybe getting a movie from On Demand followed by climbing in bed before midnight (most of the time well before). Saturdays he usually works most of the day in the office downtown and then maybe we'll be adventurous and leave the house for dinner or maybe even order pizza (like we did tonight). If things get really crazy the night could lead to meeting up with some friends or Mr. L's brother and sister-in-law for a drink or even hanging out at someone else's house. I often think back to our weekends only a few years ago where 11:00pm would mean the night was young and we'd maybe be leaving our "pre" activities to head out for the night. Oh how hitting your mid-twenties, landing the "big girl" job, getting married, and adopting a dog can change your lifestyle and weekend expectations.
Tonight definitely has not been one of those crazy nights (thus why I am able to blog). After giving Dakota a bath (which is always an ordeal), taking an evening nap, watching some DVR'd tv shows and eating our pizza, we cozied down on the couch and couldn't bring ourselves to go out. Not to mention the fact that neither of us has showered today and don't feel like putting forth the effort to become presentable to the outside world.
As I'm sitting here, Mr. L is reading his new book that came in the mail from Amazon.com this week. If your man is an SEC football fan I would highly recommend it, Mr. L hasn't put it down all night. He's been reading me some excerpts and it seems really funny (besides the fact that he's been laughing out loud about every 15 minutes and one time I think I even caught him laughing so hard he was crying). The book is called
Dixieland Delight- A football season on the Road in the SEC. Check it out. It might be a good gift idea.


1 comment:
ohh the joys of getting old, haha. I think I might look into that book to send to Michael. He would probably really like it. Hope you are doing well! Miss you!
Post a Comment