t I’ll live, and I’ll probably do it again next year! After all, it is great exercise.Our trip was so fun and I couldn’t have asked for better weather. It’s hard to believe that it was warmer in Park City, UT than it was in Cincinnati, OH this past weekend. Park City is so alive this time of year because of the Film Festival and the slopes are so empty! If you have ever thought about taking a trip out west, I highly recommend Deer Valley. It is definitely a top notch ski resort! And if you can plan far enough in advance to make accommodations during the film festival you won’t have to wait in one lift line. The view from the top of the Deer Valley mountains is so beautiful as well! The scenery takes my breath away every year.
Unfortunately we weren’t able to get tickets to see any films or attend any parties,
although we were humorously denied from the premier party of Brooklyn’s Finest (a film that debuted at Sundance) that we attempted to attend, but that’s a whole other post. We did however eat at some great restaurants, drink some fabulous wine, and ski our little hearts out!I have one celebrity sighting to speak of for this year and it’s a little better than the previous years. We saw Uma Thurman on Day 2 at the Empire Lodge while eating lunch at the top of the mountain. She had stopped to rest as well and of course take a smoke break. Her new film Motherhood was also playing at the festival. Mr. L asked why there was no photographic proof or autograph to speak of, and my answer to that is that we had some serious skiing to do people, and no time to be celebrity crazed fans :-)
I’m pretty sure my Dad has already started to plan the trip for next year, so keep your fingers crossed that Mr. L might actually get to go. That’s all for now, back to hobbling around for a few more days.


No comments:
Post a Comment