Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Buzz Word for 2009

Better…That’s my new buzz word. I’m not a huge fan of making resolutions and I realize that we’re already half way through January so I’m going to call them behavior and attitude awareness. In the New Year I’m striving to be better. Nothing fancy, no long list of concrete things I want to accomplish, just better. Better at what you ask? Well…life. Whether it’s get better, try better, be better, act better…better. (I’m sure you’re starting to see a theme.) Everyday we get up and choose how we’re going to live our life that day. We make choices sometimes without even thinking or being aware of how they will affect others around us let alone ourselves. So this year I want to be better at making choices and trying to think more ahead of time about the consequences of my choices. Here are a few areas I want to focus on first (in no particular order)

1. I want to be a better wife and friend to my husband. 2. I want to be better at eating healthy 3. I want to be a better housekeeper 4. I want to be a better steward of our family finances 5. I want to plan better 6. I want to be better at staying organized and on a schedule 7. I want to be a better sister/daughter/friend. 8. I want to be better at trusting God’s plan 9. I want to have a better attitude towards tough situations 10. I want to get in better shape.

I think that’s a pretty good place to start, don’t you? Feel free to check in and hold me accountable! Here’s to 2009 and making life better.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sallie said...

What a great plan! I love it! I am also very certain that whatever you put your mind to you'll achieve. I hope we can get together soon! Miss you, love you.

Lauren said...

Laura-
I love your blog! Your "new attitudes and awarenesses" list is fantastic and it's inspiring me to think about all of the things I could change. Hope all is well!