This post is not the easiest one for me to write. I have been reminded many times over the past week that my plan may not necessarily be God's plan but that we have to trust in him because he has the bigger picture for our lives in mind. I thought a few times about just deleting my previous post so that each time I logged on I didn't have to be reminded of the heartache we've endured but I felt like that would be like trying to erase part of our lives and that's not why I wanted to start blogging...so, instead I decided to try and write a follow up and maybe it would in some way be therapeutic for me.
Many of you know about the excitement Mr. L and I had over the new addition we were making to our family. Last Wednesday came and went and bringing our new puppy home was such a joyous occasion. She was full of life and loved exploring her new home. When it was time for bed, we set her cage up in our bedroom next to Mr. L's side of the bed so that we could easily comfort her if she got scared during the night. Mr. L was such a good puppy papa turning the lamp on to check on her at every peep. Around 2am we were both awoken by the sounds of our little baby getting sick. She continued to get sick throughout the night and when she wouldn't eat or drink the next day we decided that Marley needed the attention of a vet. To our dismay our tiny little puppy was diagnosed with an awful virus called Parvo. After discussing our options with the vet and the extensive treatment she needed we felt the best choice for everyone would be to take her back to the shelter. Our hope was that they would have the resources that we did not to treat her and that our sick puppy could one day be well again. Giving her back was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. We had bonded with this little sweetie and knowing how sick she was completely broke our hearts.
Over the next few days we kept in contact with the shelter to get updates on her progress in hopes that she would show signs of pulling through. I received the sad news Monday morning that Marley did not make it, she passed away sometime Sunday night. She was just too tiny to fight the nasty virus. It is hard to find any good or see any bright side in this situation. How a virus that we had never heard of could turn our lives upside down in a matter of days. The one thing that this experience has taught me is that I can 100% count on Mr. L to be there for me...for better or worse. Comforting each other and knowing that we were in this together got me through a few rough days and hopefully in the days ahead we'll get to have more better than worse. Rest in peace sweet Marley, we know you're in a better place.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment