Thursday, September 25, 2008

New Addition!

Since the time of year is rapidly approaching that my husband (we'll call him Mr. L) will be headed out of town for busy season, I decided that I needed a companion/protector/friend to keep me company while I'm all alone in our (not so big but can get creepy at night) house. 3 months doesn't sound like a long time but even when Mr. L is home on the weekends he has to head into the office to work on whatever it is he didn't get done during the 70-80 hours he worked during the 5 day work week...seems unbelievable to me but he's getting good experience, or at least that's what we tell ourselves.

Anyway...back to the topic at hand. It took quite a few long discussions and many hours searching Petfinder.com but I finally convinced Mr. L that it was the right time to make an addition to our new little family (hey, I figure we have to start somewhere if we ever aspire to raising children one day). A couple Saturdays ago we visited the Grant County Animal Shelter after seeing that there were some puppies available there that would be ready to come home in a few weeks. It was a bit of a drive from our house but totally worth it! Mama beagle "Dorothy" had 5 little beagle mix (mixed with what we are unsure) puppies up and moving around and there was one little lady in the bunch. I was instantly in love. Of course I made Mr. L hold her in the hopes that he would become as attached as I had become in 2.5 seconds. Before leaving the shelter that day we put the almost 5 week old puppy on hold and would return on Oct. 1 to pick her up. That date is less than a week away and I am ecstatic! We'll be puppy parents to a little girl who we've decided to name Marley in 6 days. Prepare yourselves now because you're going to be hearing a lot about our new little bundle. I've attached a few photos so you can see just how cute she is! She is growing so fast!!


One week!



almost 5 weeks!


6 weeks!

(The lady from the shelter sent me this photo so I could see how much bigger she'd gotten in only a week!)

No comments: