We started the birthday festivities with a family dinner at my parents' house with the whole crew. My mom prepared a fabulous meal and we finished things off with the cake I made. I think I did a pretty darn good job for an amateur.Friday we took off work and headed south to watch the ponies run. It was a beautiful day and I think a few people in our group even won a little money (and when I say little, I mean little...ha). I can't even justify betting anymore because I never win, so I just hang out, partake in my fair share of people watching (there are all kinds to see), and help cheer on the horses of those who have actually decided to part with their money in the chance that they might get lucky. Oh...and not to forget about those bloody mary's and all beef franks, a definite must! We closed out our Friday at our usual spot when visiting the heart of the bluegrass, Redmons.
Saturday we got up early and headed to campus for one of our other favorite UK traditions...tailgating. We met up with good friends and had yet another beautiful day. We were able to try out one of Mr. L's birthday presents, his portable Weber grill. Thanks to Mr. L's brother B and his fab grilling skills, we dined on delicious hot dogs and cheesy metts. Our seats at the football game couldn't have been any better, we were fortunate enough to be in the shade the whole time! Unfortunately our Cats lost but we didn't let that get us down. After a much needed nap, we were headed back out for the evening to hang out with friends and check out the other nightlife options that Lex has to offer.


No comments:
Post a Comment