Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dear sweet Mandy dog

It was a sad weekend around here. My sweet family dog that we have had since I was in sixth grade (yeah, do the math) had to be put to sleep. It's so hard to say goodbye to an old friend that has been part of the family for so long but it softens the blow to know that she's not suffering anymore. My Mom took her to the vet on Friday after she refused to eat for a few days and they discovered that she had a mass on her liver and her heart was enlarged. We knew that she was near the end for a long time with the endless list of health problems she's had over the past few years but actually dealing with the loss still stings.
I was looking through my photo archives to see if I could find any pictures of her and came across these that my photographer took of her on my wedding day. What sweet mementos these are of her and I'm so glad that I found them. We'll never forget you sweet girl...

No comments: