I
know I've been a blog slacker lately but life happens. I've been meaning to write about my recent super-fun trip to the west coast but kept forgetting or putting it off. SO...today is the day my friends!
know I've been a blog slacker lately but life happens. I've been meaning to write about my recent super-fun trip to the west coast but kept forgetting or putting it off. SO...today is the day my friends! A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to travel (2,438 miles from home, I googled it) to Seattle...well Lacey, Washington really to visit my dear dear friend Lauren. (I blogged about her move out west back in the late fall for those of you who might happen to follow along. Mr. S- her soon to be hubs, was stationed o
ut there with the Army and she went too) I had such a great time visiting with her, catching up, talking about wedding stuff, meeting her kitty and exploring cities I had never visited before. If you're a person that doesn't mind rain, this is such a beautiful place to live! The trees are amazing! Myself, I think I would have trouble adapting due to my tendency to get upper respiratory issues every time the weather changes, and thus the current cold I have been battling upon my return home.
ut there with the Army and she went too) I had such a great time visiting with her, catching up, talking about wedding stuff, meeting her kitty and exploring cities I had never visited before. If you're a person that doesn't mind rain, this is such a beautiful place to live! The trees are amazing! Myself, I think I would have trouble adapting due to my tendency to get upper respiratory issues every time the weather changes, and thus the current cold I have been battling upon my return home. 
Despite the rain (I don't know why I would have expected anything else...everyone knows it rains all the time in Seattle) we were able to have many adventures and do the touristy things that I'm sure Lauren is getting tired of doing with each group that comes to visit, and I loved ever minute of it, especially the wine tasting! We were even able to do a little shopping although I was put on strict budget by Mr. L before I left :-) For those of you Bachelor fans or recent non-fans, I did try to stalk down Jason but I think he's gone into hiding...haha

Overall though, the biggest thing I took away from this trip was how proud I was of my friend. It is so interesting to see someone close to you living life in a different place than what you both used to call home (although I hope she still calls NKY home) Finding new places to shop, making new friends, learning your way around or trusting Lady Garmin, getting a new job, all things that I can't imagine having to do and pretty much take for granted all the time. I realized what a stong woman Lauren is and I admire her courage so much! We'll get to see each other again in June when she's "home" for a few weeks and I'll be counting down until then!



1 comment:
Awe...thanks Laura. Your visit meant a lot to me! Can't wait to see you in June. Love you!
Post a Comment