Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. It is the one time during the year that it is guaranteed that my whole family will be together, I get to do all the baking for our feast (which I love) and it's the perfect time to reflect back over the past year and remember all the wonderful things that I have to be thankful for. It seems to me though that each year (this year in particular) there is another holiday that keeps creeping up earlier and earlier and is being celebrated by people before they even think about Thanksgiving. It's like Thanksgiving is just skipped over, forgotten about, treated like it’s just a day to stuff yourself and the real meaning is lost. This is one of my biggest pet peeves!! Obviously we all know that I'm referring to Christmas, and before you call me a scrooge let me just say that I LOVE Christmas and I love to get into the holiday spirit just as much as the next person but for God's sakes can we celebrate our holidays in order PLEASE! I realize that many people begin to decorate their house in November because of the effort that they put into decorating and it seems silly to only leave it up for a month, but come on people I think you can wait until November 28th! How can you celebrate Thanksgiving which in my mind is the end of autumn when you look around your house and all you see is Christmas and winter!? I just don't understand. I for one will NEVER be putting up my Christmas tree before Thanksgiving no matter how convenient it may be. Soon it seems like we’ll be skipping straight from the 4th of July to December 25th. If you are a Christmas before Thanksgiving celebrator all I’m asking is that when you sit down to eat your turkey this year that you remember why you’re feasting and how lucky you are to be doing so. I digress...


2 comments:
haha, awe don't you just love dogs!! She is soo freaking cute though that I wouldn't be able to get mad at her!! I hope you guys are doing well and can't wait to see you guys AND meet Dakota this Saturday!!
Laura,
Dakota is still super cute ... even though she's a bit mischievious :) And that fact has probably saved her on more than one occassion - ha!
It was great seeing Matt the other day ... missed seeing you though!
I COMPLETELY agree about Thanksgiving! It is my favorite holiday as well - all about family and food (two of my favorite things)! We wait until the weekend after Thanksgiving to put up our decorations - we usually stay FAR AWAY from the malls that weekend and just enjoy getting ready for the next holiday.
Neysa
Post a Comment