Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Preparing for a New Year

In thinking about 2009 and what the upcoming year will hold for me and my family I realized that Mr. L and I have been married for 6 months now! Quite an accomplishment in my mind. We've reached the midway point of what they call the "hardest year of marriage". Reflecting back on the ups and downs of this new chapter in my life so far, I've realized a few things about what comes with taking on the role of a wife... and I'm going to share them with you. Here are my top 5 thoughts about keeping a home and a husband:

5. I cannot and will not ever be able to fold a fitted sheet so that it looks nice in my linen closet and for some reason this bugs me.
4. Pre-marriage, I used to go a really long time between doing loads of laundry. I will never understand how it is produced in mass quantities with only one more person contributing to the pile. I really don't get offended anymore when Mr. L threatens to take his laundry to his mother (secretly I kinda wish he would)
3. It is a lot easier to cook for two people than it is for one and most of the time I enjoy it.
2. No matter how often I swiffer/dust/vacuum/etc. I feel like there is a constant layer of dust on the floor, our dresser, and the fan in our bedroom. What is up with that??
1. At the end of the day it's very nice to hear the words "I love you" from Mr. L before I fall asleep.

Photobucket

No comments: